National Shrine of Our Lady of the Abandoned @ Sta Ana, Manila

1578 - First Church built with Bamboo and Nipa
September 12,1720 - Present Church was started by Father Vicente Ingles
1725 - Church was completed

The Church was heavily damaged during 
World War II and was restored after the War

July 1977 - the Church was restored by Architect Juan Nakpil and Engineer Arturo Manalac

The Church houses the image of
Nuestra Senora de los Desamparados (Our Lady of the Abandoned)
which was brought to the Philippines in 1719 from Spain.


Popular Posts